Monday, January 25, 2010

Begin Again




Greetings and blessings, Gentle Readers...


Have you ever had a friend, co-worker or family member who was such a bouncing ball of emotion you got tired just listening to them? I have. It's just exhausting. I want to be a force of good and encouragement, but it seems as though I am spitting against the wind.

Here are some of the things I have learned and I wish the people in my life would find these too.

1. Life is transient, not fixed. I have to learn to roll with the punches. If I don't get this concept, life is up and down and crazy making. Every little thing sends me into a tailspin. By learning that I must adapt, I open myself up to living in balance every day. Balance means just that: Balance! If I am on an emotional roller coaster every day, I'm certainly not living in balance.

2. People are worth it. It can be so difficult for me to not blow folks off when they are a drain. I must find the middle ground of support and self-love. The Bible calls it casing pearls before swine. That's a bit dramatic, but we miss the greater lesson. If our words don't match our actions, we will never make an impact on others. And we are here to follow our truth and positively impact the lives of others. It's imperative that we LIVE our journey. That will make a greater impact than all the words that flow from our mouths.

3. The journey is our own. We are responsible for our own spiritual journey. I cannot put off my lack of spirituality on what happens in life. The journey is there and it is up to me to find the path. All things have a spiritual base. Everything from the rocks on the ground to the birds in the sky are spirit. One can learn much from just sitting under an old tree. I must be attune to Spirit to understand spirit. It's not about worshiping trees. It's about being respectful to the wisdom of Nature.

4. I am co-creator with Goddess of my reality. If I am created by Goddess, to be in the image of Goddess, then I am Goddess. I carry the totality of Goddess in me. If I am negative and focusing on ill-health, ill-wealth, I am creating that reality. If I focus on positivity, whole health, sufficiency, I am creating that in my life. It is up to me to co-create that life and path that is mine.

These are truths that have been given to me through years of searching; walking the path on the journey to spiritual freedom. I'm not saying I'm perfect at it. Far from it. But I know the path and I make adjustments, re-focus every moment, to be true to who I am created to be.

May you find your true path.

No comments: